Affiliate marketing is a great source of income.
You create value first by helping your audience and then offering an affiliate product to help them achieve their goals.
Recurring commissions depending on the type of product.
Here is a list of affiliate marketing programs for beginners to make money online.
JVZOO is a marketplace for digital products. JVZOO makes it easy for sellers to promote their own products and provides affiliate marketers products to promote.
There are over 21 categories to choose from so you’re most likely to find a product related to your niche.
Spend some time finding good quality products when promoting to your audience.
- Free to use for both sellers and affiliates
- Instant payments: Affiliates are paid instantly via PayPal. As a new affiliate, the vendor may withhold payments until the refund period is over.
- Affiliate cookies: You will be paid a commission everytime a referral makes a purchase from the vendor, even in the future.
- Generous commissions: Sellers can offer you up to 50% of each affiliate sale. Digital products have no distribution costs!
- Sales Statistics: Access to analytics to track which products are converting the best.
- Not all products are equal: Some products can be complete junk. You don’t want to ruin your reputation online by recommending bad products.
- Submitting Applications: You are required to submit an application to the vendor to request permission to promote their products. Sometimes there can be a bit of waiting.
- Refunds: If a customer requests a refund, PayPal will take money back out of your account.
ClickBank is one of the world’s largest affiliate network with a well established reputation.
You will often hear other affiliate marketers reference ClickBank, especially on YouTube.
This platform is great for beginners and also suitable for experienced affiliate marketers.
- Inventory: Wide variety of categories and products for most niches. New products are regularly added.
- High commissions: Vendors can offer up to 70% in commissions for each product sold. Great potential for long term passive income.
- Easy access: Just sign up to ClickBank and start promoting products. Most vendors allow you to promote their products instantly.
- Junk Products: Many digital products, programs and guidebooks can be low quality which adds no value to the customer. Spend some time to find quality products, it is worth it the long run.
- High Competition: You will find high quality products which adds value for your leads. However, beginners are not likely to compete with more established affiliate marketers. More experienced affiliates are more likely to dominate the search engine results.
- Earning Commissions: The maximum commission you can earn is $150 per sale regardless of the product.
- Location: ClickBank is not available for certain countries.
Amazon has one of the biggest affiliate programs in the world. Amazon associates program is great for affiliate marketing beginners.
However there are some disadvantages with Amazon so it is best to do your research about the risks first before you begin investing your time.
- Reputation: Amazon is an established brand and credibility online. They offer fast shipping methods and efficient service.
- Size: You can also reach an international market with access to hundreds of consumer products.
- Revenue: You can earn referral commissions from not only the product you are directly promoting but also other products they purchase in 24 hours.
- Sales support: Amazon will send out abandoned cart emails and follow up messages to help you make sales. They also recommend related products after a customer completes their transaction.
- Low commissions: Commission rates can be as low as 4% and it can go up to a maximum of 10%. Depending on your niche, you can find products costing between $100-$1000.
- Referral Time Limits: If someone clicks on your affiliate link but doesn’t complete a transaction within the 24 hour time limit, you will lose out on the commission.
- No PayPal: Amazon does not use PayPal to pay their affiliates. This can cause problems for affiliates living outside the United States.
Commission Junction is a trusted name when it comes to affiliate marketing, with over 20 years of experience.
You can rest assure you will have quality products to promote on your website.
- Reputable advertisers and brands: Higher quality products known to be reliable. This ensures your website has a good reputation.
- Tracking software: Tracking of links can help you find best performing products.
- Commissions: Paid directly through Commission Junction. You can choose from direct deposit or check sent in the mail
- There can be inconsistent payment schedule.
- Your account can be banned without any warning.
- You may not be approved for the affiliate programs you like. Your website is not related enough to promote their products as a beginner.
5. ClickFunnels (Software Example)
ClickFunnels is a landing page building software created by Russell Brunson. The ClickFunnels software is a great marketing tool for business owners and entrepreneurs to set up funnels and collect leads within a few minutes.
- Generous Commissions: ClickFunnels offers a 40% commission on all sales.
- Sticky cookies: Helps generate commissions from related purchases.
- Big list of products to promote to your audience.
- Free ClickFunnels affiliate training to help you earn commissions.
- ClickFunnels community is responsive and helpful in case you need help.
- Affiliate payments can take up to 45-60 days.
- High price of ClickFunnels can lead to more refunds and subscription cancellations.
- Customers awareness levels of ClickFunnels has increased. This makes it more difficult for beginners to attract new leads.
If you have a blog in the health and beauty niche, Market Health is for you.
Market Health is a company focused on creating high converting health and beauty products for the internet.
- Affiliates are paid twice per month. Frequent payouts allows you to reinvest the money back into your business as a beginner.
- 50% commission rate per action, lead or sale.
- You can negotiate with Market Health for higher payouts if you generate at least 20 sales per day.
- Products created for different regions will have landing pages in the same language.
- 30 day cookies for all products on Market Health. You still have the chance to make commissions if a customer decides to make a purchase after a couple of days.
- Advanced tracking tools to analyze your progress.
- You can promote most products instantly.
- Being a direct network, people who want to promote their own products won’t be able to.
- Commissions are based on Cost Per Action (CPA), Cost Per Sale (CPS) and Cost Per Lead (CPL). No recurring income for each sale. Market Health does remarket for you via newsletter and coupon offers to attract old customers back.
- There is a system defect which will automatically log you out of the platform. This can become annoying when you’re trying to look for products.
ShareASale is an easy to use platform for affiliate marketing beginners. It has over 3900 merchants on its network with a healthy mix of products for affiliates to promote. You can find products from big and small brands to promote as a beginner.
- Large Variety: With over 3900 merchants to choose from you can find affiliate programs to promote for almost every niche you can think of.
- Ease-of-use: User friendly interface for beginners to navigate the platform. You can easily search and apply for affiliate offers you like or suits your audience.
- Reporting Features: Customize reports to display information most important to you. ShareASale reporting tools make it easy to keep track of your progress.
- Payment Threshold: ShareASale can hold onto your affiliate commissions until you reach a certain threshold before your payments are released.
- Not notifications when affiliate programs are shut down without you knowing. You can miss out potential sales and commissions.
When you own a website for quite some time, you can monetize your efforts by enabling Google Adsense.
Adsense matches its text and display ads based on your website content and visitors. The ads are created and paid by advertisers promoting their products.
- Free to use: No signup fees.
- Ease-of-use: Suitable for beginners.
- Efficiency: Ads are provided by Google. You don’t need to waste any time creating ads from scratch.
- People using Ad blocking software won’t be able to see ads on your website. You will lose out a on small perentage of potential commissions.
- Ads: Some Google ads can look very unprofessional in appearance. This can create a negative user experience.
- Commissions: Google does not provide details about revenue numbers for displaying ads.
- Traffic: Your website needs to be on the front page of search engines to maximise your visitors.
Affiliate networks and programs is a great way to monetize your website. There’s almost a product for every niche which you can recommend to your audience.
Remember to only promote products which adds value for your audience. You do not want to damage your online reputation by offering junk products.
I hope the list above has given you some ideas on affiliate marketing.
Let me know what affiliate networks you like best in the comments below.