Website traffic is the first obstacle that any entrepreneur has to overcome.
Whether you are a blogger or an e-commerce store operator, you need to traffic.
Without it, you are not likely to make a sale.
Today, I will share with you the best tips to get website traffic for your site.
These techniques are:
- Guest Blogging
- Quora Answers
- Create an Affiliate Program
- Paid Advertising
- YouTube Videos
- Email Marketing
- Offer Free Stuff
- Make Deals with Influencers
By the end of this tutorial, you will have several options on how you can get people to browse your products or read your blog.
Many people say that guest blogging is dead. This is not true. Guest blogging is only harmful to your website if you buy them from link farms.
If you write your guest post in real blogs, you will do just fine.
Guest blogging means that you write a blog post, which we will call Article A, and then you ask a blogger to publish it in his blog.
In this blog post, there is a link to one of your blog posts on your own website.
If people read Article A, and then they see the link, they may click on that link.
And if they do, they get routed to your website. And that means traffic for you.
You need to reach out to bloggers who are in the same niche as yours.
It is useless to guest post on a blog about health when your website is about electronics.
Also, try to guest post only on blogs that have high traffic already.
Guest posting is not easy, but it is a great search engine optimization technique.
And it is not free. Some bloggers charge a fee for posting your blog on their website.
If you are not a writer, you may also need to pay an affordable yet dependable copywriter to do it for you.
Quora is a question and answer forum. People come here to ask questions, and other people answer.
In Quora, you answer questions and leave a link to your website. If people click your link, you will receive traffic.
Here is a sample screenshot:
Since Quora is a forum, you must not fill your answers with links.
Quora has a moderation team that checks if the links are within their policy.
Quora and the users of the platform also hate affiliate links.
Here are some things you need to know:
- You cannot use links to drive traffic for commercial purposes
- You cannot use links to answer a question
- You cannot post affiliate links
You cannot violate these rules. One way or another, Quora moderators will find out.
There are many Quora users who hate marketers.
If you violate these rules, your answer will be treated as spam.
The answer will be deleted or collapsed and will no longer be viewable.
If you keep doing it, your account may even get suspended.
Create an Affiliate Program
Another effective method to drive traffic to your store or blog is through affiliate marketers.
Whether you are using Shopify or WordPress, there are apps and plug-ins you can install to start an affiliate program.
Here is how it works:
- You encourage marketers to join your program
- They register and get their affiliate links
- They promote your product
- If they make a sale, you give them a commission
This is a great way to build traffic because your affiliate marketers will do the leg work for you.
They will advertise your website in their own blogs, YouTube channels, and more.
Also, you do not pay the for traffic—you only pay them if they make a sale.
It is up to you to decide how much you want to pay them. Naturally, you must make an offer that is difficult to refuse.
For example, you can offer a 20% commission for every sale they make.
You can also decide if you want to pay a one-time commission or a recurring one.
Many affiliate marketers prefer a recurring commission.
Only pay a recurring commission if your product is a subscription-based software, not if you are selling services.
The fastest way to get traffic is through paid ads. You can launch ads on the Google network or in social media channels.
The thing with advertising is that it could be too expensive—you are buying traffic for website.
Also, you must only advertise if you have a product to sell. It does not make business sense if you pay for traffic only for people to read your blog.
Here are some tips to make your advertising campaign succeed:
- Choose the right platform – you cannot just advertise on Google or Facebook. You need to be sure that your target market is on that platform. For example, you must only advertise on Pinterest if your target market is women because the site has about 80% female users.
- Target the right people – the right people involves choosing the right demographics. You can choose this if you launch your ad on Facebook. You can select the age range gender, interest, and even the location of the people who will see your ads.
You must also do the A/B split test – for every ad you launch, you must make two versions of it.
Launch both of them with a small budget, and then see which one works better before you scale up.
This is an effective way to drive traffic to your site, but it is also difficult. You need to produce videos that people would love.
As you produce these helpful videos, you can tell your followers to visit your website to learn more.
Here are some kinds of videos that you can make:
- Tutorial – show step by step processes how to do things
- Novelty – create funny or entertaining videos
- Product reviews – review products and then help people decide if they have to buy it.
- Comparisons – make comparisons of different products and then help people choose which one to buy.
As you can see, all the videos you make must be comprised of helpful content.
As you give more free content to people, you will be able to build your credibility.
By the time you tell them that they should visit your website or buy your merchandise, they are more likely to do so.
LinkedIn is a social media platform for professionals.
You can use the platform to write content, and you can also use this to build a following.
LinkedIn is best for people who are selling services, or people who have professional practices like consulting, coaching, and others.
Here, you can publish snippets of your own blog posts.
What you can do is to create an article or post on LinkedIn, but only write the beginning paragraphs of the whole post.
Then, create an anchor link that drives the reader to your blog site.
LinkedIn is a highly targeted, social media platform.
You cannot use it for all kinds of websites, stores, or blogs.
You need to be in a specific profession to attract the right people here.
If you want, you can also advertise your business on the platform, but it will cost you money.
Email marketing is another effective way to get traffic. However, it is equally difficult.
There are two ways to do email marketing.
- Build a list – in this process, you have to build your own email list. You need a lead magnet to be able to get a person’s email address. Once you have the email address, you can start sending email marketing materials. You can do this manually or with an autoresponder like GetResponse.
- Solo ads – this is a process where you buy an ad. Instead of the ad being shown on a platform, your ad is sent to emails. You will not get the email addresses. Only the ad seller has access to that. However, you can choose the “type,” which means you can send it to emails owned by people who have an interest in your niche.
Email marketing is free traffic generation if you build it on your own.
For solo ads, you will spend about $0.5 per email that is sent, with no guarantee of a sale.
Offer Free Stuff
If you want to get traffic, you must offer free stuff on your website.
To market this effectively, you need to use the right keywords that contain the word “free.”
Many people use Google search to find free items, and this is your opportunity to drive traffic to your website.
Here are some examples of what you can offer:
- eBook – you can write a book about your chosen niche. You can also hire a copywriter to do it for you. The eBook must be helpful and must have value—something that people can learn from.
- Course – you can offer a free webinar, free mini-courses, or free courses. If people find your offer, they will definitely visit your site. As such, you get traffic.
- Checklist – you can offer a checklist to people, such as a list of things to do to start a store or list of things to do to start a hobby. This checklist is going to drive traffic to your website because it is a guide that people are looking for.
Whatever it is that you offer, you must take the email address of the person.
This is an effective way to build an email list.
Once you have their emails, you can always send an update about your blog or your offers.
Make Deals with Influencers
The last method to get traffic to your site is to make a deal with influencers.
You can find them on different social media channels.
Once you have found an influencer you like, you can send them a message to strike a deal.
Some influencers charge cash, while some people would also ask for a free item from you,
Influencers are a phenomenon—they have massive followers that trust them.
If an influencer tells his followers to go visit your blog, you will get traffic because his followers believe what he says.
There is no fixed price when dealing with influencers.
You can reach out to them one by one, or you can also use apps like TapInfluence.
It is a marketplace where sellers like you and influencers can meet and make a business deal.
Summary: Tips to Get Website Traffic
Building traffic is a slow process. It is one of the things that cause frustration.
The lack of traffic makes website operators give up on their dreams.
Be patient. And more importantly, be consistent.
Many companies took years to be able to build traffic, and they used different methods at the same time.
Admittedly, they have huge budgets—budget that small and medium businesses do not have.
What I advise you to do is to choose one to three traffic methods.
Study the techniques and dig deep into these methods.
Apply what you have learned, be consistent, and make sure you make them work before shifting to a new traffic-building method.