For a long-time, we only used autoresponders when sending out OOO notices to our colleagues.
Now, almost no website has no autoresponder.
Why? Because email marketing remains as one of the most effective marketing activities that can increase your conversion rate.
But what are the best autoresponder tools out there?
Today, I will show you the five best email autoresponders you can use to improve your conversion rate.
These tools are:
- Constant Contact
We will no longer discuss what an autoresponder is for, as it is my firm belief that you already know what it does.
We will focus on the features, benefits, and pricing of each tool.
By the end of this listicle, you should be able to decide which of these five is the best one that fits your business situation.
GetResponse offers an all-in-one solution to your email marketing needs.
With this tool, you can do email marketing, automation, webinars, among other things.
It is one of the best email autoresponder for affiliate marketing and for online stores.
Here are the features of GetResponse:
- Webinar – you can invite people to attend your webinar, and you can share files to your audience during the webinar or once it is over.
- Automated Marketing – this is the best feature of GetResponse. You can create a sequence of emails, and the succeeding emails will depend on the recipient’s behavior. For example, if the customer received an email and did not click on it, you can send a new email with a different message than what you would have sent had he clicked on it.
- Landing page – apart from building your email list with an autoresponder, you can build your landing page from this tool. There are dozens of templates you can use, and all you have to do is to change the content of the images or videos.
- Conversion funnels – it is difficult to build an end-to-end sales funnel; you need to build a landing page, thank you page, an email campaign, and so on. With GetResponse, you can use pre-built funnels that take your customers from the discovery phase to purchasing your products.
GetResponse has four plans.
You have the option to pay monthly, for 12 months, or for 18 months.
The one-year plan and the two-year plan provides substantial discounts.
The plan that you pay for determines the kind of features you get.
At the Basic plan, which costs $15 per month, you do not have access to the webinar builder.
At this plan, you can only use one sales funnel, automation tools, and Facebook ads.
The size of your email list also has an impact on the price. As your email size grows, you will also have to pay more.
MailChimp is one of the best free email autoresponders and most established autoresponder tools out there, and one of the few that offers free services.
Today, MailChimp is not just an autoresponder tool but a multi-faceted digital marketing software.
Here are the features of MailChimp:
- Audience – you can do a lot with your audiences. You can do segmentation and also use behavioral targeting to make your email campaigns more effective.
- Branding – the platform has a content studio where you can create your campaign content, including how your email looks like when they are sent to your subscribers. You can also build websites on this platform.
- Campaigns – with MailChimp, you can build landing pages, digital ads, postcards, and automated campaigns. You can even build what is called a shoppable landing page where your leads can add products to a shopping cart.
- Insights – MailChimp has a dashboard that allows you to view your reporting and analytics. This dashboard can even tell you the click-through rate per email and per person. If you see a person or subscriber who is not opening your emails, you can remove this person from this list.
There are four types of plans in MailChimp, and the most affordable one starts at $0.
The most expensive one is $299 per month.
With the free plan, you can use several of the autoresponder tool’s services, such as seven different marketing channels, basic email templates, surveys, and even a website.
As you upgrade, you will get access to more tools such as A/B testing, custom branding, and 24/7 customer support.
The Standard and Premium Plans cost $14.99 and $299 per month, respectively.
These plans will give you access to retargeting ads, advanced audience insights, phone support, advanced segmentation, multivariate testing, and unlimited user roles and access.
These prices are only basic prices. They will change as your email list grows.
For example, the Essentials plan costs $9.99 per month, but only if you have 500 email contacts.
Once that gets to 1,500, the cost increases to $19.99 a month.
AWeber is a powerful autoresponder tool that rivals both MailChimp and GetResponse.
It does not offer a free plan, but it has a free trial that allows you to use all its features.
Here are the features of AWeber:
- No limits – regardless of your subscriber count, there is no limit to the number of emails you can send
- Landing page – you can create a landing page and integrate it with your AWeber email capture tool, along with the automated email sequences you want your customers to receive.
- Large template library – AWeber offers a massive library of templates for building landing pages, emails, and auto-newsletters.
- Campaign automation – like the other autoresponder tools we talked about, you can create an automated email campaign where the next email that will be sent depends on the customer’s behavior.
- Free migration – you can transfer your email list from another provider if you want; you no longer have to add theme manually.
- Lots of integrations – AWeber is compatible with many other online tools and software like WordPress or WooCmmerce
- Reporting – Aweber can show you a lot of stats about your email campaign performance. For example, it can show you your open rate, your web hits, sales, and the percentage of people who unsubscribed from your list.
- Audiences – you can create several customer segmentation and then build a different workflow for each customer segment.
AWeber has five plans. Regardless of the plan you choose, you get all the tools and features offered in the system.
The price differences only happen as you grow your email list.
The lowest plan costs $19 per month, but you are limited to 500 subscribers only.
The cost of your monthly subscription depends on your subscriber count, with $149 per month being the most expensive. At this plan, you can have up to 25,000 email subscribers.
ConvertKit is a complete marketing tool, but it has no webinar.
It only has two plans, the free and the paid one.
Here are the features of ConverKit.
- Automation – create a sequence of emails based on customer behavior. You can program the email to be sent at the appropriate time, and you can also choose the type of recipient. You only have to program this email sequence once, and all people who subscribe to your mailing list will be a part of its campaign.
- Email Designer – the design of your email has something to do with the effectiveness of your campaign. With Convertkit, you can design your emails from scratch or choose from the templates.
- Landing page – create landing pages where you can showcase your products or your offer. Improve your conversion rate by using the templates found in the system; the landing pages have built-in CTAs that are integrated with your mailing list and segmentation.
- Sign-up Form – create your own email sign-up form from scratch or use the templates. Add your logo and choose what form fields to use.
The price of ConvertKit is $29 for the first 1,000 subscribers. This price keeps getting up as you also increase your subscriber count.
The most expensive is 900,000 subscribers, which costs $3,999 per month.
If you have more subscribers than this, you need to contact the company representatives to get a better deal.
The free plan is maxed out at 500 subscribers.
With the free plan, you can create unlimited landing pages and unlimited forms.
You can also enjoy unlimited traffic, which means there is no limit to the number of people who can visit your landing pages.
5. Constant Contact
The last on our list is Constant Contact. Like the previous one, there are only two types of plans here.
The first one costs $20 per month, and the other one costs $45 per month.
Here are the features:
- Unlimited Emails – you can send as many emails as you want; if you want to send daily campaigns, you can do this without having to pay extra.
- Templates – there are dozens of templates you can use to create your landing pages and emails; you can also use these templates to build your pop-up forms, which you can use to capture email addresses.
- Website – this is one of the few email autoresponder tools that allow you to build a website, not just a landing page
- Accept payments – as you build your site or landing page on the platform, you can also charge your customers from the site that you build; you no longer need to integrate your website with an external payment processing system.
- Contact import – you can import your contact list form another autoresponder tool; all you need is a CSV file that has all your contacts, and the upload is automatic.
At the price of $20 per month, you will get access to almost all of the tools and services, but with a few exceptions.
If you want more features, you have to pay $45, and this should give you access to tools like polls, online donations, coupons, user roles, RSVP, and so much more.
Both of these prices are entry-level only.
As your contact count grows, you will also pay more for your subscription on a monthly basis.
The best email autoresponder service is a must-have for anyone who has a business online.
You see, you cannot expect people to come back to your website.
Gone are the days when people used RSS feeds to notify people if a website published new content.
Today, a person will come to your site, leave, and never come back.
The only way to make a person come back is if he gets notified about your content.
As a marketer, a returning site visitor is important. It creates a snowball impact on your traffic.
You can only do this with an autoresponder tool. With it, you can build your email list.
Once you have a massive email list, you can automatically send out email notifications, marketing materials, and so many other types of announcements to make your customers come back to your website.
Choose one from my list of the five best email autoresponders.
Take the free trial, or stay in the free plan until you grow your email list.